tirsdag 15. juni 2010

12 days... On creativity


So I left Liverpool today. After a year. A long year. Gone by fucking fast.

All the stuff that I`ve lived during this year. Its really weird. Shit weird to think about.

Its been wonderful. Its my home now.

Ive moved a lot around living on my own since I was sixteen, but those times I was always dragged between 2places, old home and new home. Always missing one of them.

I don`t this time. England/Liverpool is my home. Its enough.

To calm my restlessness for a while.

I thought it be weird to fly back to Norway this morning to be there for two months in summer,

and part of me did`nt want to leave as I was cab-driving to the airport with my 2bags +bass &

hand luggage-crop.

But as soon as we landed on Norwegian ground, I knew, this is right.

This is what I need. Being in Norway now.

I actually want to be away from Liverpool for a little while cause there has been, there is to much happening.

To much stuff has been going on, and its been taking my creativity & energy. I feel so distracted

all the time, that Im not really getting to do what I really wanna do and I`ve lost focus.

I`ve just been longing for time and space to just sort my head out. Chill out. Play some music

again. Just for the sake of playing & enjoying it. Just Enjoy. As Bjork says.

Which is this that Im gonna do now.


Ive landed in Oslo. And after a massive struggle around with luggage, taken the ferry over to

Nesodd-tangen where Im gonna stay for the next 12days.

And do exactly this.


The sun rose magnificently while I was riding the ferry over today, and awaiting me was the most summer-like weather that make me painfully aware of the fact that I`ve forgotten what summer really is. What it feels like.

You have to go see this place to know what its like, gonna house sit for my uncle&aunt while they are in Italy. Feel like I`ve died from hell and gone to heaven. Its pretty much a paradise. Next to the ocean. High up view so I can see the lights of the city centre of Oslo at night. Fresh smell of syrins, salt water, various flowers, & loads of grass & trees.

Beautiful amaz garden. They have a special kind a swing that lets me be 5years old again.

For tonight Im sleeping in the amazing old fashion cottage that I`ve slept in before, but I`ve got access to the large eclectic house and a incredible, charismatic bath-house that I know for sure I`m gonna sleep in for a couple of nights. Gonna sleep round in all of them.

Shop around the corner, that only sells vegetables, bread & ice cream. Access to an old fashioned bike so I can ride around this entire little pearl.

I went on a boat-trip with my uncle, aunt and niese when I got here today & it was absolutely amazing, breathing the ocean air, climbing around in the sun and devouring the view. Beautiful on all edges. Its all the glory of summer and the glory of this place you could imagine. They have a semi-small boat that you can climb around on while its driving and you can breathe the ocean, see all the beaches, see all the bath houses. I really hope the weather stays like this day, Im gonna run around. Fish crabs.

You have to see this place to understand. I wish I could show you. What an atmosphere that lingers around here. Its the warm & fresh attitude of summer, human love pumping into your blood at the same time as your just waiting for it to be night, light some candles and feel the magic around here. My favourite iseland (its not really and iseland)

This is the place. Where creativity birth-cradles.

For 12 days... to play, live, chill out, run around, bath, fish crabs, write, enjoy, love & record.

12 days...

I`ve missed space. I`ve missed silence. But here at Nesodden next to Oslo in Norway, here it is. And Im here.

Feel like vacation now. Just have to get my job-meeting tomorrow over and done with.


I`ll only let you come over if you bring a fine bottle of whine.

We`ll have dinner in the bath house....



Ingen kommentarer: